Asian Talk

Monday, June 26, 2006

Opening (plus LFD Review and Kate Tsui thoughts)

Let me introduce myself. I'm Catherine. Yes, that's my real name. You may have seen me around Michelle Ye Discussion Forum (as Catherine), Asianfanatics (as aznluv738) or other sites (usually known as nightfall738 or doudou738 or Catherine). I own Michelle's Teahouse, a Michelle Ye fansite and that's about it! I'm usually a fun person, so if you ever wanna be friends or talk, feel free. ^.^

Now onto the talk. But before I begin, anything that I MAKE UP is coincidence and if there's anything that you don't want up here that badly, I will take it off so nobody feels bad, okay? But my opinions and stuff will stay on the site no matter how much you hate and disagree with them.

Finally, onto the talk.

La Femme Desperado.
I finished watching "La Femme Desperado" a while ago. And my aunt who was watching it these two days decided to watch it so I re-watched it with her. Anyways, I decided to review that series.

Warning: contains spoilers

Summary: La Femme Desperado is about women in modern society and what they have to deal with. There are men nowadays who believe that women should be a housewife and that's the only job they ever have to do because women can never be as good as men. Some people believe that younger men cannot ever be with an older women. And some women have lost all faith in men.

Cast:
Melissa Ng as Ko Ling
Sheren Tang as Hilda
Raymond Lam as Chai Foon/Siu Chai
Michael Tse as Man Gin Leung (Man)
Kate Tsui as Ida/Hai Suen
Kenneth Ma as Ko Chi Lit

Best Actress: This definitely goes to Sheren Tang. Her portrayal of a strong, independent yet loving woman was great and strong throughout the entire show. You can see her desperation for someone to spend time with ever since her sister left and how cunning she really is.

(Image credit to TVBSQUARE)




Worse Actress: Goes to Kate Tsui. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with her acting in this show. Her acting was extremely poor and I'm sorry to say that she does not have the greatest looks either. Her crying scenes were terrible. I noticed that she tried to use the "stretch your mouth" method of crying, which is not easily achieved. And can I say, she failed miserably. It looked like she was forcing her tears because she squeezed her eyes so hard. And if I remember correctly, I didn't see tears. With her more "exciting" scenes, she tends to shout and overexaggerate the mood in her character. I can go on and on about how poor her acting is in this series, but I'll keep it here.

Best Actor: I'm having a hard time debating between Raymond Lam or Michael Tse. Both played their characters well and it's hard to debate who is better. But if I had to choose, I'd say Michael played his role better than Raymond did.

Worse Actor: Luckily, there were none that I thought was so terrible. But if you must say, I'd choose Kenneth Ma because he wasn't exactly the best character ever in this show. But he wasn't too bad.

The Love: I love Raymond's funny character. He's extremely enjoyable to watch and the funny things he does are awesome and the nice things he does are sweet. Basically, you won't hate his character until the end.

The Hate: You'd probably hate Michael's character all the way until you get to the middle. Then you'd understand his cunning and lying and using, etc. But who wouldn't hate a man who cheats on his wife and uses her to dump another woman and then lying to her family afterwards? However, in the end, you'll love his caring for his baby girl.

The Irony: I found the irony is that you love Raymond in the beginning and hate him in the end. You'll hate Michael in the beginning, then love him at the end! Whala.

Best Scene: I extremely liked the scene where Raymond comes out of nowhere, wearing a mask. And he says "Women shouldn't stay up so late at night or their skin will go bad."

And any scene with Sheren. She was my favorite character in the show and I love watching her in here.




End Of Review.

I noticed that Kate Tsui was the winner of Miss Hong Kong. Now I won't question whether she deserved to be Miss Hong Kong because I didn't see the show. But I know her acting was not satisfying and I don't think she should've won "Miss Photogenic" either. I heard from somewhere that she had the most votes because she had connections, but maybe that's just rumours. Either way, I'm not a fan of her because of her bad acting skills and that she's not that good-looking. However, I will agree that she didn't look too bad on crowning night. Other than that, please don't.

If I'm not wrong, photoshoots and makeup are suppose to make a person look BETTER. How come that's not the case with this particular actress? I wouldn't like to see her without makeup.

(Image credit to
TVBSQUARE)

7 Comments:

  • Your review looks good! I haven't watched LFD yet, so I didn't read it 'cause I don't want to be spoiled, but will take a look at it once I finish the series. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

  • Oh and thanks for the add & good luck with your blog! Hope you'll be bringing some good reads. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • Aww, Catherine I thought you didn't watch the Miss HK show. How can you say Kate didn't deserve to be Miss Photogenic if she didn't? Anyways, would you like to exchange links with my Raymond news blog? http://www.the-beehive.blogspot.com Please leave me a message on my tagboard, thanks.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 11:54 PM  

  • BTW, Metal, you have competition! ;P Michelle Ye fans are naturally talented and Catherine is a big, big Michelle Ye fan ... you'd better watch out!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 11:55 PM  

  • Update soon Catherine! It's been so long. :( Anyways, I finally read your LFD review as I've just finished watching it recently. I agree with you completely.

    Kate is so bad and she's not attractive to look at either. >< I, too, felt the Ray/Michael switch. I could not stand Ray in the final few episodes and I found myself enjoying Michael more and more.

    I loved Sheren & Michael. Their storyline was very good & touching. Sheren is just AWESOME.

    As for Ray/Melissa, they were pretty cute at times, but I felt nothing for this couple. :\

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 AM  

  • B4 I saw 2004 Miss HK crowning show, I had the same opinion as you about she doesnt deserve to win the title and that i hate watching her on screen. I had this Qs in mind as well that she is not the best looking person but how come she could win Miss HK with this ordinary looks? However, after watching the show, I know that she can look really pretty if applied the right make-up and images. She looked stunning in Miss HK show! I couldnt believe my eyes! I think she is similar to Maggie Siu Mei Kei (Not Maggie Q) whereby in drama series, she has always been given the worse images and make-up, but in reality, Maggie Siu is very sexy and beautiful... I think it's the hairstyle to be honest! Bad hairstyle = bad looks... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 AM  

  • whoever tped up this blog is an ass whole

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home